art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Monday, August 31, 2009

the art of going back to school

Another school year is upon us. To quote my favorite movie, "You've Got Mail," "Don't you just love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies." And yes I do want to buy school supplies and lots of them. As you make your way around any store today there is an array of colorful goodies that today's children will be cramming into their backpacks. 

It is exciting to go back to school. Being a teacher, you get to rest and have a semi-retirement summer from the previous school year and just as you feel rested it is time to gear up for another exciting school year. I feel extremely fortunate because teaching art to children in grades K-5 is a treasure of a job. To see all of the young smiling faces just ready to jump right back into art brings me joy. 

I have seen many excited students over the past few weeks out and about with their back to school shopping and getting ready with their own "bouquets of sharpened pencils" ready to attack each assignment. 

I have so many new and exciting ideas and lessons to share and explore with my students in art as another fun and art inspiring school year begins. This year is especially exciting as I have a student teacher working with me until the end of October. She has already shared many great ideas with me and I know the students will enjoy her as much as I already do. In a way, she is a mini- me and appreciates an organized art room! 

My classroom is neat and ready to be used and painted upon each and every day. So bring on the young artists and another fun year of art!

Be Well and Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Just set up Hannah's room w/ new bouquets of pencils... now i'm ready to go watch the movie... yet again!!! g'luck back at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on back-to-school. I love the blog and look forward to following it. Thanks for everything you do for our artists. I can't wait for Luke to have Art with you and Owen too. I would love to help out this year -- especially since it fell apart for me last year -- if you are willing to have me in and out when I can rather than a set day I'd love it. Let me know and I'll start again with some dates for you and I promise to keep them. Wishing you a great year. Love, Clare

    ReplyDelete