art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Friday, November 27, 2009

delightful dara dimagno



Well it is Black Friday and the holiday shopping rush begins.....

If I may, I would like to make a recommendation for that someone special on your shopping list this year. Dara DiMagno is a great artist and is having an end of the year sale of her artwork beginning this Sunday at 9pm on her website. You can click on the title of this post for easy access to her website or you can find her work at earthangelstoys.com and daradimagno.com.



I am a great admirer of what Dara creates and I have had the pleasure of meeting her and she is just as delightful as her work. I wear a Dara necklace almost everyday and they are real conversation starters. Everywhere I go, people stop me and ask me where I got my one-of-a-kind piece of art necklace and so today I am sharing this treasure with all of you!



Each piece consists of an original antique photograph, an antique watch crystal covering the photograph and other vintage findings to embellish these works of art. Dara is a public school librarian and as a public school art teacher I am a big cheer leader of teachers who share my passion for and practice art making for pleasure. She accompanies her magical and whimsical photographs and assemblage with short messages and/or groups of words from books that she so treasures as well as sealing the backs with a great book page and her signature.



I have quite a collection of her pieces now. The images I am sharing today are all from my jewelry case "Dara drawer" so they are not for sale because they adorn me each and every day. Each one is truly an original work of art and you will not see another one like it!



So check out her work today and I am sure you too will appreciate her diverse and unique body of work!

Be Well, Enjoy and Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment