art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"follow the yellow brick road"


My play is in full swing with rehearsals and fun festivities. My stage crew students are hard at work priming sets and designing props. My actors are really bringing this classic to life in front of my eyes. Lion is certainly taken on her role with a roaring appeal. She has put her own special twist on this cowardly character and I am so excited! Dorothy has a special sparkle in her eyes and the Scarecrow is really acting out the clumsy nature of this character. Tin Min is searching for a heart but using real heart in playing this role.

This is the 70th anniversary of "The Wizard of Oz." Wow! 70 years later the 9 and 10 year old children of my school are really inspired by the wonderful work of Judy Garland and cast. We too will bring our Kansas from black and white to colorful wonders of Oz!

The movie has been celebrated a lot recently and was featured on TBS this past weekend and I am certain will continue to be played on cable television. All of my young actors are so excited to watch the movie and find inspiration by these greats!

"The Wizard of Oz" is one of my true favorites but I have to admit on having a whole new view on this film after seeing "Wicked" on Broadway. "Wicked" is truly my favorite Broadway show I have seen of all time and I have seen many shows. My husband and I love seeing Broadway shows and I continually am amazed by what they achieve at that level and dream of my own young students acting up on that stage one day too!

So follow your own yellow brick road today and enjoy this classic film or Broadway musical soon!

Be Well and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment