art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Thursday, January 14, 2010

homage to o'keeffe


My 5th grade students have been working on stunning paintings inspired by my personal favorite artist, Georgia O'Keeffe. They have been building upon their prior knowledge of values and creating ture to life representations of flowers that they closely studied and observed then sketched first.



O'Keeffe began as an art teacher and I know if she were alive today she too would be as proud of a teacher as I am with the work of these young artists!



Parents of these young artists, be on the lookout for these bright flowers to brighten the walls of your homes soon! First, they must adorn the school walls for all in our school community to enjoy. Just as O'Keeffe had intended, these flowers truly brighten my day as well as that of others!




Be Well and Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how lovely these are! I couldn't paint that well. You must be proud of the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these paintings! Would you consider writing a post about your process and what materials were used. Do you use acrylic or tempera? Do you use tagboard for the painting? I know my 5th graders would love this as well. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete