art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

sweet treats


My third grade artists have been creating sweet treats inspired by a multitude of great artists. We looked at pop artist Claes Oldenburg's giant food sculpture as well as painter Wayne Thiebaud, and one of my personal favorite clay artists Jill Wiener. We looked at all of these artists and were inspired to create functional works of art that both hold secret treasures and look delectably sweet.




They layered undergalzes to create these whimsical and fun colors! The clear glaze put the final "cherry on the top" and made these come out of the kiln shiny and stunning!




What magical pieces of art my young artists have created! I am such a lucky art teacher!


Recently, Jill was able to make a visit at school to see these delightful cupcakes inspired by her work and she loved them just as much as we all did making them! You can find Jill's work by clicking on the title of this blog. Her work will really amaze your eyes and delight your other senses!




Be Well and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These cupcakes are just so cute! I love your students art work and yours as well! I enjoyed visiting your blog!
    Louann

    ReplyDelete