art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Sunday, March 21, 2010

there's no place like home


Yesterday was the final performance of my production of "The Wizard of Oz." My students have been rehearsing since November and we have been planning this production since October. My cast and crew were phenomenal! I am so very proud of all of them.

Dorothy celebrated her 11th birthday on Friday during our 7pm performance and she really shined as our star in her ruby red slippers. The cast looked so great in their costumes and makeup and danced all over the stage as they were "off to see the wizard." The Witch, an extremely sweet 4th grade student, really became wicked. All of my 4th and 5th grade students really transformed into young actors and stage hands. Everyone enjoyed this great production and I am looking forward to next year's production and thinking about all the hard work and excitement all over again!

As a great and well-deserved finale, we had a great cast and crew party yesterday afternoon with tons of treats, smiles and celebration. The gatekeeper's mother prepared true works of art with sugar and sweets. She created the above ruby red slipper cookies. They were just as yummy as they were great to look at!

Everything was wonderful! A big congratulations and thank you to my amazing entire cast and crew! xo

Be Well and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment