art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Sunday, May 23, 2010

where women create and other art news

A big welcome to all and I greet you today with great news to share!!!

The summer issue of "Where Women Create" a wonderfully created magazine featuring great female artist around the country has hit the news stands. This is a great magazine to subscribe to! It is chalked full of great inspiration for other aspiring artists. I love looking at the studios of creative women.


This summer 2010 issue has featured me as one of their artists! There is a 6 page article about me! Great news! It has been a year in the making. They came to my studio last summer and my classroom at Park Avenue Elementary School, Warwick, NY to shoot me in my element. It is a huge accomplishment and has been a wonderful experience to be featured among such great women! There are great artists and art appreciators all around and even in your neighborhood!


I hope everyone will pick up a copy and check it out! A really well created magazine that is beautifully put together quarterly by the amazing Jo Packham. Wonderful work Jo, as usual!

"Where Women Create"is available in stores like Borders, Barnes and Noble and Michael's, just to name a few. It can also be ordered through earthangelstoys.com.


Speaking of earthangelstoys.com...... today is a great day to check out this site! They are having a big web show today. You can go to the blog for more details, earthangelstoys.blogspot.com. The web show will go live today at 8pm. If you are looking at this post after Sunday, May 23 it is still a great site to look at filled with tons of great work!

I hope you take some time to enjoy art today whether it is in the magazine, an art site, or an art event in your community. The important thing to remember is to continue to support local artists. Buy local art and support artists who make their living in the arts. I was watching Oprah the other day and her design guru, Nate Berkus, suggested a wonderful tip....he said that people should go to local art colleges and check out neighboring artists to purchase art for their homes instead of purchasing mass produced pieces at huge chain stores which I believe is a great tip for the day and then your artwork will be more personal and one of a kind! So check out art today!

Be Well and Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I found your article in WWC and now here I am checking out your wonderful blog. Congratulations. Such talent! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pics of you and your environment!!!

    ReplyDelete