art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

wadeson's mural


Wadeson's is a great home store located in the heart of Warwick, NY. You are always welcomed by smiling faces and friendly store cats. It is so important to support local family-owned businesses as I know this first hand with my father owning a local auto parts business started by my great grandfather who came over from Italy selling bait and bicycle parts out of his basement.


Wadeson's is a huge part of the community and the community knows what a great store this is to shop at! Craig Wadeson asked me if I could spend some time one day after school with some students to paint a mural in his front window. I selected a great group of young artists and we walked down after school. It was a nice walk and super fun for all of us!


The children sketched out a great spring design with a young lady walking along the street carrying a yellow umbrella and wearing bright yellow wellies. It looks like the spring shower is complete and a beautiful rainbow has formed over her head. It was a great concept and came out beautiful!


The mural is complete and we hope you stop by and visit not only the mural but the great people of Wadeson's. For more information about Wadeson's, click on the title of this post.

Both the young artists and I would like to thank Craig Wadeson for such a great opportunity!

Be Well and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment