art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Monday, September 13, 2010

feed project fashion



My husband Brian and I spent a wonderful day in New York City this weekend and enjoyed a great crisp fall day. In the words of Tom Hanks in my favorite movie "You've Got Mail," it made me want a "bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils."

We walked around and Fashion Night Out was in full swing. Sales and celebs filled the stores and busy streets and it was wonderful. I so enjoy the city in the fall. Fashion is at its finest. The magazines weigh ten pounds and are chocked full of great garments!

We happened upon a small store that was selling "Feed" items. Inside there were many great items made of burlap bags and comfortable canvas. Each one reads "FEED." I found a great little change purse and inside was a wonderful bracelet.


This particular purchase is known as the FEED 5 Bracelet and is made out of corn-based plastic with a metal charm with the FEED logo stamped on one side and the number 5 on the other. The number 5 signifies the 5 school meals each bracelet will provide and each bracelet comes in a mini FEED pouch or coin purse.

I now wear my bracelet proudly as it was a great donation with a great little keepsake in return. I really love the bags as well and believe my next purchase will be the FEED 2 Kenya Bag with its wonderful beading and great multipurpose handles it is a real winner in my book!

If you want to see how you too can help this wonderful foundation and get your hands on a great item to help FEED someone in need please click on the title of this blog post and it will bring you to the website to shop and browse these great items!

Be Well and Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hallo,
    I simply love that quote from "You've Got Mail".
    Your picture of 'freshly sharpened pencils' is perfect!
    I live on west coast (Southern California) presently. My mate lived in your fine city for several years while attending Cooper Union and then working on Wall Street.
    We happily reside in San Diego and dream of one day returning to the East coast!
    I'm a teacher too, and an artist.
    My students are far younger than yours though. Kindergarten. I love the quote by Picasso too, "Every child is an artist. the problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up"
    As my two children grow older (soon to be 20 and 23) I simply grow wiser and a bit more childlike.
    I imagine your new school will appreciate your talents and methods of teaching greatly. And I think your previous school will miss you allot!
    Good luck and hope you have a fabulous fall season!
    Cheers,
    Bairbre Aine

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so very much for your kind words bairbre aine!!!


    love new york and love love love you've got mail!!! :)

    xo enjoy and be well!

    ReplyDelete