art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Thursday, September 30, 2010

spiders and bees and flys..... oh my!



All things are a "buzz" here in the Warwick Valley Middle School art room. My 6th grade students have created wonderful value drawings inspired by crawling creatures.


I introduced Louise Bourgeios' spider "Maman" sculptures and other artists who used a gray value scale to create works of art such as M.C. Escher's "Ant" work. We talked a lot about the value scale and each student created their own 1-10 gray value scale. They then used those values in a drawing inspired by an insect photograph.


Each one is really beautifully done. I am so proud of each and every one of my students! They all were so excited as they came down the Unified Arts hallway to see these amazing artworks line the walls.


Be Well and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment