art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Thursday, December 16, 2010

the clay abyss



My 6th, 7th and 8th grade artists have been getting their hands dirty, literally. We just finished using a lot of clay and the pieces are really wonderful!



6th graders made coil pots, 7th graders made sweet treat desserts and 8th graders made mug mugs. There are a few samplings from my Art Club that include tea pots and clay boxes as well.


All the work is so amazing and I am so excited about it all! My students keep asking me, "When are we glazing?" or "When am I getting my clay piece back?"

I have to admit that I have been just as big of a kid myself, with sneak peaks in the kiln on early dark mornings - I get to school when it is still dark- because I cannot wait to see their amazing work!

The hardest part has been asking the kids to part with their work for a few weeks to be displayed in the case.


Here are a few shots of the groupings. More to follow on each individual lessons soon!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cool. I am really in love with the cake boxes. How hard were those to make? Do you think I could do it with 5th grade. My bilingual students are eerily talented in sculpture as many of them have never touched clay before and they took to it like fish in water!

    ReplyDelete