art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Friday, January 28, 2011

impressionist inspired artworks



My 6th grade artists have been learning about Vincent van Gogh and other Impressionist artists. We examined all of the textures, lines, and layers that the Impressionist artists used.

The students then looked at their own unique Impressionist images and copied them.


I have to admit to taking this idea from the past Middle School art teachers. When I first was moving to the Middle School this summer I talked with a lot of students about lessons they did in Middle School and many of them said this was one of their favorites so I decided to use it in my curriculum because it was one that they felt confident about with their drawing abilities.

First I had them draw a large plus sign on the laminated image and then I had them use white colored pencil and make the same four quarters to divide their paper. This was a great tool to help them really observe within the four parts and use correct proportions.

They did a great job observing and recreating these wonderful works of art! See if you can find a replica that you know!





Be Well and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Van Gogh's Room at Arles looks great and his wheatfield paintings have always been a favorite.

    ReplyDelete