art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Monday, May 2, 2011

an awesome art night!


The show was a hit! We had lots of gallery hopping by students of all ages and a huge success of a chair auction which scholarships benefits art students pursuing an art career. There was a great mix of movement, chatter and enjoyment! I took lots of photographs of work that I did with my students along with the other K-8 art teachers and what their students have been working on. It all looks so great!

The flow was excellent and we all really enjoyed ourselves. It is great to meet parents for the first time and/or catch up with families for me that I had not seen since I began working at the Middle School this year.

The dedication to Jane Hamburger was excellent and I spoke a while about what a huge influence she has had on all of us as art teachers and professionals. She was very much a mentor to all students and staff included and will be missed greatly. I know that she was delighted by the dedication and will enjoy her retirement. Our Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction Dr. Reinhard along with art teachers Louise Silver, Julie Cosco and Terry McLoughlin all stood up with me which was great!





Take a look at all the talent we have here in Warwick K-8. I am always impressed!










There was lots to look at so here are a few great shots of the work!

Be Well and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment