art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Monday, June 6, 2011

the birds just flew in


My school year is wrapping up with only 13 days left and my 7th grade art students have finished beautiful bird paintings.


This is a project that is near and dear to my heart. I love birds and collect all things "bird." So I jumped on the opportunity to teach my students about the beautiful bird paintings of John James Audubon. He is a talented artist and I have admired his bird paintings for years. If you are unfamiliar with his work please click on the title of this blog post and you will be directed to a site about his work and life.



I worked closely with my students teaching them how to handle the watercolor medium. We also added small amounts of white tempera just to give those tints and highlights Prang watercolor palettes just don't allow.


My second semester students did as great of a job as my first semester students did! I am so pleased with the birds of Warwick! I love birds and now my students have a new appreciation for the design and detail of birds.


So take some time today to watch and enjoy these magical creatures in your own backyard!


Be Well and Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These are all just beautiful! I love all the details. They did such a great job with their observations. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tebrikler öğrencilerinizi..kuşlar öylesine büyülü ve güzel olmuşlar ki...

    ReplyDelete