art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

a work in progress


I believe that a new space is a work in progress. It is never quite finished. As you evolve, so does the space. I love to change things up and move things around. Especially a work enviornment. As you work, things need to be altered, the work changes. As I look back on the 2010-2011 school year my classroom has certainly become a work in progress.

I spent countless hours in this room this summer to transform it into a space that I can function in. I am very neat art teacher and artist. While these two things rarely coexist it is the only existance I know.

So the room has changed as I have throughout my first year teaching middle school. I have really learend what the students need and how they can best handle and access materials.

The students have also added some color around the room which I love. I have to have color overload in my work space and this room certainly is one that excites the senses.

Most people that come through or pass by compliment me on my undertaking, overhaul and energy that I have brought to the space and so I know that it is starting to look a lot like a great art room.

I am sure I will be continuing to change more things next year but for now I am very happy and love this room more than I ever imagined.

Be Well and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. yeni hali atölyenin çok güzel görünüyor.bence siz ve öğrencileriniz çok şanslısınız diyebilirim...

    ReplyDelete