art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Saturday, July 23, 2011

the artery


I just got back from a great visit to The Artery in Milford, PA and what a great gallery it is!




I really enjoy visiting local galleries and seeing the work of local artists and since Milford is only a 45 minute drive from Warwick it was a great day trip. For those of you who have never made the trip, it is a great little town, much like that great small town feeling of Warwick. The small town streets are lined with antique shops, art shops/galleries and other great locally owned stores.

The main reason for my visit was to see the work of my teaching partner Richard Weber. Rick is a great clay artist and I admire his interest in all things spherical. He was headlining the show along with a talented group of artists.



Rick's works are called "Spheres of Influence." Most of his pieces are hand held and meant to be picked up and when you do this you notice that the works have small pieces of clay inside and he called them "rattles." Each one is hand built out of clay and throughout the school year he was talking to me about larger spheres made out of variations of materials including cement and styrafoam and his ideas culminated in a wonderful gallery show.







Here are some of my favorite images from the gallery. There are so many things to see from photographers, sculptors, painters and many more so I highly suggest you visit this great gallery soon!

It was a great way to spend a day in the summer and I certainly was inspired by all of the great works there!



Be Well and Enjoy!

1 comment: