art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

surreal inspirations

My 7th grade students are working on surreal value drawings. We look at the work of artists such as Frida Kahlo, Salvador Dali, and Rene Magrite. Some of my 7th and 8th grade students were intrigued and enjoyed surrealism and so they created a surreal mural in my classroom on an old cabinet that was looking rather drab. The bright colors and surreal subject matter are really eye catching.
On the side of the cabinet I was busy all summer making glaze test tiles for my students. I believe that it is important for my students to plan out their glaze colors and really have a sense of how colors will work together so I made a series of test tiles so that they can really see what the finished glaze will look like. Each glaze is labeled and is accessible to all student when working on clay projects. I love this new addition to my classroom. They are both functional and beautiful! For more information on Surrealism, the art movement, please click on the title of this post. Be Well and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment