art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Sunday, September 25, 2011

warwick farm aide art...a huge success!


Today was a great day and a beautiful one at that too!

I am so pleased with the overwhelming response to Warwick Farm Aide. Our event was packed with kids, parents, families and fellow artists. We all gathered in our art central with one great purpose in mind, make great art to thank the amazing community members who have helped us so many times in our times of need.


I saw so many great families that I know and love and I know the farming families as well as the local fire departments are most certainly grateful to them all for being so supportive.



Music was playing and art was being made. The silent auction was wonderful. I saw so many great pieces of art up for auction, there is truly so much talent in Warwick.


As all of the whimsy was happening the center courtyard of the Warwick Valley High School was hopping and I was happy to be part of the excitement!



When we first arrived there were stacks of clean white paper and beautiful paint cups, fresh brushes, pastels, crayons, and more just waiting to be used. By 4pm the tables were covered with paint, every surface had beautiful drying art and brushes were dripping in dozens of colors.

When our time ended, Brian and some of the men carried off the entire mural to be donated to our local fire departments. The mural was being cut up into four separate parts and each one being donated to the local fire houses.



I just loved the entire expereince! It was just a wonderful afternoon! We truly lucked out with the weather and I am so happy to be part of such a great community. These are some of my favorite shots of the day.




I am lucky to have spent the afternoon with such a great group of volunteers too. A big thank you to my two student volunteers Taylor and Megan, as well as Jane Hamburger, Ron, Heidi, Janet, Lisa and of course my amazing husband Brian!

Be Well and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a great summary of what Art can do to enable people of all ages to express their varied and individual feelings. For me, once again I marvel at the creative process that grows, like this mural of "Making Beauty With Water," from an idea, through the planning, to the final product.
    Nicole and Brian, Taylor, and Megan, our thank you for being involved in this.
    The mural's continued influence has also grown. First, it was hung behind the concert musicians as the backdrop. Our mural with the spotlight on it, soaking up the sounds of music and success, was awesome! Our list of public service agencies and volunteers have grown to 18 pieces. They will be presented at the next Town Hall meeting on Oct. 13. Thank you all! Jane Hamburger

    ReplyDelete