art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"weebly" wobbles but it won't fall down!


For those of you who used to play with or remember "Weebles" you can appreciate this post and its references... so here we go...

Today is the second day of school and we are back in full swing! I know most teachers get those back to school nightmare dreams of not having your lessons prepared or showing up late because you slept in and thought it was still summer. I just shared those "bad dreams" of sort with another art teacher friend of mine. It is funny because the students and teachers both get nervous at back to school time!

It all works out in the end of course as I sit here still smiling at the end of the second day. I was early to school, I have my entire year of lessons completed, my students found their way to my room on time and everything was great! I have a talented group of students to start out my ninth year of teaching in Warwick, NY and everything is right in the world.

I remember the September of 2003 as if it were yesterday and yet so many things have changed since then. Technology is certainly one of those things that keeps changing and most certainly keeps us all on our toes, parents, teachers and students alike!

In light of change, I was introduced to a great FREE site for making a teacher webpage, "Weebly." I was very excited as it is extremely user friendly for even the most technologically challenged.

So I am up and running.... nheller.weebly.com and please click on my link and let me know what you think! It is ever evolving and I am like a kid with a new toy, even "Weebles" if you will.... wink, wink!

Every night I find myself working on the site, changing, tweaking and updating little bits. It is my self-assigned homework. I have shared it with all of my students and now all of you out there. If you are interested in a teacher friendly, user friendly site to make your own webpage, I HIGHLY recommend "Weebly."

So start your school year off right... wobble a little but NEVER fall down!!!!

Be Well and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment