art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Monday, December 12, 2011

what a "MUG" on that mug...

My 8th grade students just completed wonderful functional works of art. They made slab mugs with coil handles first. They perfected the shape and handle and then attached facial features. We had oodles of fun making different facial expressions.

Each one certainly has its own personality. Some of them really say a lot about their creator I think as 8th grade students have their own mood changes, feelings and expressions from moment to moment these are almost the modern day "mood rings."

They are ever changing and truly have so much to say. Each face tells its own story.
This lesson is timeless and the students really enjoyed making them.

As soon as I hand them back the students want to fill them up and begin drinking from them which I love. I have made several of these MUG mugs.... a cup or "mug" with a facial expression or "MUG" on it and I enjoy using them and sharing them with friends.

To view the entire collection please click here for my website and scroll down the to mug lesson

Be Well and Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much! I love them too! They are really fun and the kids love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a collector of face mugs I have to say that these examples are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete