art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Friday, January 20, 2012

birds will fly

Welcome back (to me). Sorry, fellow bloggers and followers, I have been very busy doing oodles of fun art things and have not had the opportunity to post in over a month now! Yikes!
With so much going on at school, fun murals with pics to follow, and in my personal life my husband and I are expecting our first child June 1 it has been a busy time. We will have our own little "birdie" fly into our lives very soon and we are excited to see the adventures she will take us on!

So were are wrapping up our first semester here at school and so my students will fly off to music and I will catch up with all the music kids. It is an exciting and sad time all at the same time.

My 7th grade students just finished great bird paintings as I am sure you can already tell with all of my fun bird references (wink, wink).

They sketched from photographs and then painted them in with watercolors. I began this lesson last year and it is a keeper, plus it flows nicely with my new 8th grade animal portrait lesson. The students have the opportunity to really build their watercolor skills.
Please check out the entire collection of bird paintings on my teacher site by clicking here.
Thanks for stopping by and please check back for some great mural pics!

Be Well and Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Such great compositions of birds.
    Your students did a fantastic job with colors, lines and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i was eagerly waiting for your blog. I am happy to see that you finally have posted something again. Your all the blogs are pretty much interested and informative also.

    ReplyDelete