art is all around us. here i will share my personal experiences and passion for all things art! thanks for stopping by, feel free to share a post and check in again! xo

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

isn't is surreal?

I cannot imagine how it is March already. This year is just blowing by and with so many things happening, changing and being busy there does not seem to be any time to notice how fast things are going by.

My 7th grade students have created their surreal spheres and it seems crazy how we are moving along, spinning in our own sphere with exactly 73 days of this year gone.
Day light savings has kicked in and with the unusually warm temperatures and lack of snow in the Hudson Valley this year, it seems spring has sprung!

I am certainly not complaining as I am so enjoying this beautiful weather, longer sunlight and just enjoying every day that I can.


It seems so surreal how time flies when you are having fun. So here are some of my students own ideas of the surreal environment happening within our own sphere.


Be Well and Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. Love that they are each such an individual expression. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you do so much observational drawing with the kids. I'm still relatively new to teaching, so I wanted to ask: how do you get the kids to pick the photos to work from? Do you book the computer lab? Do you have images already printed for them to choose from? Do you use old calendars and magazines?
    I always seem to run into the problem of not having the kind of animal/object/etc the student wants on hand.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete